Wednesday, March 11, 2009


Faded Glory


Your locks are not as they used to be.
We bear too much on our shoulders,
So we cannot expect to always
Glow golden of youth.
But you are still sunlight.
You still grasp my veins and let
Them go, keeping the blood that
Runs through me alive.
Although it breathes
The end of winter,
I don’t believe the orchids
To bloom this year.
The soil is rocky, the dirt, dry.
One cannot expect anything
To live without the sun
And rain it so needs.
Damn, we cry, why didn’t we live
For what we had, for while we
Had it all was right in our little world.
God, I’d give every strand of faded hair
Just to feel your warmth pressed
Upon me once more, for
My heart beats not as is used to beat.
You’ve suffocated it for too long,
So we cannot expect to always
Blush ruby of love.
Alas, your skin still burns mine.
You still leave your mark and break
My heart, keeping the blood that
Runs through me alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment